Research & Account Executive
The Leather Market, 11-13 Weston St, London, SE1 3ER
Monday & Friday remote
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday in office
Competitive salary, benefits & staff bonus scheme
Lodestone is an award-winning strategy and communications agency with a purpose. We help organisations to change the world for the better. We provide sharp analysis, creative thinking and agile delivery. We are the only public affairs firm in the UK to be certified as a B Corp.
With experience in health, tech, education, clean energy and campaigns, we are committed to providing a personalised service to our clients. Lodestone is based in central London (although we work in a hybrid way). Our work has global reach.
Expect a collaborative atmosphere; entrepreneurial culture and a passion for helping businesses and organisations to explain their positive contribution to complex world issues.
Lodestone Communications are accredited as London Living Wage employers.
Lodestone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our business stronger. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
The role will be varied and crosscut the disciplines of PR, Public Affairs, Corporate Communications, Events and Crisis Comms. We are looking for a capable and confident operator who has a good, but still developing understanding of the required basic knowledge of key business sectors, media and communication skills and who is aware of the tools available to create an effective campaign for clients. The candidate will be able cover the following:
- Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases that require minimal amends from their manager and clients.
- Research and prepare drafts for client briefings.
- Producing internal copy for newsletters and internal briefings.
- Regular checks on client and competitor websites to develop good knowledge of the market space.
- Talk with clients on a regular basis about allocated accounts.
- Attend client meetings and take notes with action lists produced within 24 hours
- Fully managing the process of press release distribution.
- Keep media lists updated and current.
- Administration for accounts including filing, press cuttings, timesheets etc., to ensure smooth running of the business.
We are looking for an Account Executive that displays the following experience and attributes:
- One year experience in an agency or equivalent role – (e.g in- house communications, journalism, political or campaign experience)
- The ability to undertake basic tasks for organizing events such as public consultations, Lodestone events or party conference roundtables.
- Competent in all written communications, such as letters, emails, meetings, notes etc., both internally and externally to clients and journalists
- Enjoys writing and digesting complex policy issues.
- An eye for detail, and the ability to deliver high quality output and client service.
- A can-do attitude and an action-oriented approach, proactively looking for opportunities.
- Can work collaboratively in a team or independently.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment keeping to deadlines and skilled in timekeeping.
- Curious about the world with a passion for understanding complex issues.
- The ability to hit the ground running, with a can-do attitude and an action-oriented approach.
As a growing agency, we always love to hear from talented people. If you like the sound of Lodestone and are at any level in your career, get in touch as we’d be delighted to hear from you.
How to apply
Be part of our growth story, to apply email your CV and a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position will close when the suitable candidate is found.